14 June 2012

Everything Gets Hotter


     My first night shoot! Aside from the brutal attack by mosquitoes (go figure, I'm standing in the middle of the woods, surrounded by plenty of still water from the recent monsoon rains), this was probably one of my favorite shoots to date. When I got there, I freaked out because I didn't know if anyone was going to be meeting me there... And as I stood waiting for dusk to dissolve into the blackness if night, I prayed that the "Goatman" had more important business to attend to, rather than eat a lonely girl in a dark forest. Luckily, with moments to spare, I saw headlights bounding up the driveway, and from the car emerged the listing agent who proceeded to turn on all the lights in the house for me.
     I have to admit that this was a pretty difficult house to shoot. Even with the cathedral ceilings, it was still relatively short (no second story), which made it more difficult to capture it's enormity. I'm glad I got there early, giving me time to scout the perfect vantage point.

No comments: